Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 14, 2006

There's a magazine for everything


Yesterday we went into town to pick up the mail at the post office and among other things there was Spudman: The Voice of the Potato Industry, vol. 44 issue 1. A magazine devoted to the potato. And it's been around for a while, this is not their first year, no it is the 44th year. Older than me.

This issue covers potatoes in Alaska (Long days make up for short seasons), an article on the Idaho Potato Conference, articles on marketing, farm profiles, etc.. Lots to talk about in the tater world. Oh, and the potato council is attempting to make the lowly spud fun by using a Mr Potato Head™ theme for their marketing this year.

While we do grow potatoes, it is on a small scale, maybe 1000 pounds a year. This publication is geared towards farms that produce thousands ofd tons per year and grow on hundreds to thousands of acres. So I don't think I will take them up on the free subscription offer.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hey Lucy,

Link our farm up! Blog is the new way of communicating for CSA farmers as far as I'm concerned. I used the blog a bit last year to let folks now what I was going to have at market that week. But then I stopped cause there were too many other priorities. But it's a tool to be used. That's for sure!
Like your blog.
Happy 2006.

Lucy said...

Done and done.