Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 29, 2006

All I want for my Birthday is...

My birthday is coming up May 11th and I am getting a new Digital camera Olympus SP-310 7.1MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom to replace my Olympus Camedia with 1.3 mega pixels. I am very excited about this new camera.

The ironic thing is the 7mp camera costs about the same as my 1.3 mp camera did 5 years ago.

I was thinking I wanted an Canon EOS Rebel digital SLR camera but at $550 to $1200 it was way too much (not to mention getting extra lenses would cost as much as the camera body itself). Than I got to reading about digital SLR Cameras and found out that dust getting between the lens and the camera body is a big issue. And than I got to thinking you know, digital photography is not like film photography at all so why get a camera that was designed for film and converted to use digital technology? Why not get a camera that is made for the digital era. So I did.

Now I just have to get to the Post office when they are open and pick up the camera that Amazon says is waiting for me there. Probably won't happen today as the PO closes at noon and I am not likely to drive into town just to get the thing and than make another trip in later to go do a workshop south of Oxford (which has become a saga unto itself apparently. But it has not affected us much other than moving our presentation up a half hour thus allowing more time for our hoophouse demo which is a good thing)

Thanks for the swell b-day present Dad

No comments: