Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Trip Up North

Sorry I haven't posted anything here for a while-I have been busy.

This past weekend Eugene and I rented a car and drove up North to see my dad. That was bittersweet. He's in bad shape and definitely getting closer and closer to Death's door. He can barely walk, has lost way too much weight so he is now much smaller than me. He does not eat much at all. he's ready to die, it seems. At least his mind is still sharp and we were able to do quite a bit of talking the 2.3 days we were there.

His wife, Rebecca is doing amazingly well. She is doing really wonderful care giving and seems to have her shit together. Still I worry about her, this if hard on me, I can only imagine what it is doing to her. Losing a husband you love is not something I want to go through but if I do I hope I have her strength.

The trip was not all death and depression. My brother, Scott came up with a mutual friend, Sven Johnson, whom I had not seen since my wedding, 11.5 years ago. It was good seeing Sven I have always liked him. He was visiting to say good bye to dad, who was one of his most important professor's at Miami University. It was great seeing Sven. I hope it will not be another 11 years before we meet again.

No comments: