Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

New Titles From Amazon

I have posted 4 new titles and a DVD. The theme this time is cooking. I have listed 3 cookbooks. 2 of them, Moosewood and Silver Palate I own and use a lot and one, Simple Foods I would like to own and use a lot. These are good cook books to have if you are cooking a lot of whole and local foods.

Fast Food Nation is a must read for anyone who cares about what they put in their bodies. It is scary and it is full of fun facts and history about industrial food. I have read this twice and it is probably time I pick it up again. This book was a heavy influence on me as far as becoming a locavore.

The Real Dirt on Farmer John is a DVD about the guy who started and runs Angelic Organics near Chicago, one of the largest CSA's in the USA. This was shown on some PBS stations but none that I can get. I have been told by many people I respect that this is a great flick.

So click on the Amazon links and buy a book or DVD and educate yourself about food and farming all while supporting a small Ohio farm

1 comment:

sammy said...

I love the Moosewood cookbook, too. My copy seems to have disappeared somewhere in my house, but you've reminded me to look for it again!