Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Bye Bye Montero

The Montero sitting in front of the house with its' friend Dodge Cargo Van


I sold my SUV today and I am a bit sad. I have had the 1987 Montero for at least 17 years (it was my dad's before that). It had not been in use for the last 18 months or so due to bad exhaust leaking into the passenger compartment which gave me a bad headache if I had to drive it more than 5 minutes. It would have cost more than $1500 to put in a new exhaust system so Eugene jury rigged flex pipe to the manifold and muffler about 4 years ago but that system is pretty much gone, now.

It would have taken around $3,000 to get it back into decent shape if we did the work ourselves. Far more to hire a mechanic to do it so it was put out to pasture even though it still ran.

Now it has a new owner and will be put back into service and I have $450 cash for the vehicle.

I miss the car but it is also nice not to have it moldering away in the parking area. Still I'm a bit sad about it. It was a really fun vehicle to drive.

No comments: